Welcome to The Ascension Group! Our specialty is ascending the protection level of all the families we work with. With over 20 years of experience in this industry we work hard to find the right Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage Plan for you. Call us now to schedule a time for us to come to you or we can chat on the phone whichever is convenient for you!
HOW TO ENROLL IN MEDICARE IF YOU ARE TURNING 65
1) Face to Face: Our consultation is complimentary and we can come to you!
2) Call : 214.277.9497 and we can just chat on the phone.
3) Do it Yourself-er?: Click on this link to shop and enroll in a plan on your own.
1. What is Medicare?
Medicare is a fee-for-service health care program for seniors, in which the government pays health care providers directly for services that fall under Parts A and B of Medicare benefits (see below). However, if you are looking for more coverage than Original Medicare, you can obtain a supplement or advantage plan.
Medicare is divided into four categories. This allows you to customize your personal coverage when shopping for a comprehensive policy.
- Part A: (hospital insurance): Covers hospital care, emergency services, nursing home care, home health services and hospice.
- Part B: (medical insurance): Covers medically necessary services and supplies used for diagnosing and treating medical conditions, and preventative services for illness prevention and/or early detection. Examples include ambulance services, mental health care, outpatient procedures and clinical research.
- Part C: Combines Parts A and B and often part D as well.
- Part D: Offers prescription drug coverage.
2. What Medicare options are available?
Original Medicare offers coverage for services and supplies that are considered to be medically necessary, such as doctor visits, lab tests and wheelchairs. There are several alternative plans you can choose from for additional coverage, and each plan must offer at least the same coverage as Original Medicare. There are two Medicare plans that we can assist you with.
- Medicare Supplement Plan (Medigap)
- A Medicare Advantage Plan or PART C
3. When can I Buy Medicare?
Medicare Supplement - You can enroll and change into a Medicare Supplement year round.
Medicare Advantage - Enrollment Dates are October 15 - December 7 or During Special Election Periods. Contact us to discuss all of your options.
4. What is a Medicare Supplement or MediGap plan?
A Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy, sold by private companies, can help pay some of the health care costs that Original Medicare doesn't cover, like co payments, coinsurance, and deductibles. Original Medicare covers 80% and supplement plans cover the other 20%. There is a monthly premium for this plan. You are still responsible to obtain Part D and if desired other benefits like dental, vision, and fitness memberships on your own.
5. What is a Medicare Advantage Plan?
A Medicare Advantage Plan, also known as Part C, combines Part A and Part B as a replacement to Medicare for more comprehensive health care coverage. Most plans also include your required Part D (Drug Plan)
Most plans are $0 monthly premium and can also include benefits such as:
- Gym or Fitness Memberships
- Hearing Aids
- Rides to the Dr
- Life Alert Button
- Money for Over the Counter necessities
Thank you for your interest in Ascension Group - Wealth | Life | Medicare | Benefits. We work closely with our clients to determine the best possible coverage to fit your unique needs and budget. Please feel free to call the office in your area: Dallas - 214.277.9497 or you can send us an email if you live outside these areas, we would be happy to set up a phone consultation with an Insurance Specialist.